Free hand/clamp free piercing
A technique used in initial piercings that give results of a more comfortable piercing, this is achieved by the piercer using soft, gloved, padded finger tips rather than the common technique metal medical clamps that often result in bruising and unnecessary discomfort. Free hand piercing simply makes piercing easy on the client.
Large gauge initial piercings
- soft tissue
- On happy, healthy piercings that are completely healed.
Single point piercing/dermal anchors/micro dermals
- Surface to surface piercings
- These can be performed with custom made flat titanium surface barbells.
- Custom fit just like your shoes.
- Don't carry in stock and would need to order in.
It does not damage our jewellery or leave any dangerous residues.
A few novelty pieces cannot be successfully steam sterilised and stay intact such as acrylic and many plastics, as well as almost all epoxy and glues.
WHAT TO EXPECT
Before you stop by:
- Enjoy a well balanced meal at least 4-6 hours prior to your piercing to balance your blood sugars. It helps you keep a clear head and stay comfortable.
- Ensure that you are feeling nice and healthy on the day of your piercing, with no colds or flus.
- It is your immune system which will heal the piercing and therefore it is important to be in good health when the piercing is performed.
- Refrain from consuming alcohol, aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen and other blood thinners for at least 24 hours prior to your piercing.
When you get here:
- Our minimum age for ear piercings is 10 years old.
- Clients under the age of 14 should be accompanied by parents with an I.D. showing matching last names.
- We offer ear piercings only for clients 14 and under. 14 - 17 year olds also require parental consent. This can be via phone or e-mail.
- If you are 18 or over all we require is a valid photo I.D. (passport, drivers licence, 18+ card).
- We will not pierce you if you appear under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or if you have been so in the past 24 hours.
We use all new needles and sterilized equipment:
- a pointy little contrivance designed to open and gently enlarge a tiny incision instantly (ie. a needle);
- a small amount of sterilised gauze to clean, dry and align the tissue to be pierced;
- nitrile gloves as barriers for our hands to prepare the area;sterilised nitrile gloves for the application of jewellery with aseptic technique;
- ASTM certified implant materials for jewellery;high filtration surgical masks for particulate barriers;
- eye protection for barriers against airborne droplets.We gently soften and align your tissue by hand.
- We do not use guns or any other traumatic methods.
- Putting in the jewellery takes only an instant.After the jewellery is in place, let your skin grow.
Aftercare rules of thumb:
- Avoid chemical and biological irritants.
- Anything that would burn or sting if it got in your eye (mouthwashes, toothpastes, spicy foods, alcohol, smoking, etc.) would interfere with the natural tissue repair and cause trouble for your healing process if applied to a new piercing
- Keep in mind that hydration and good nutrition play a crucial role in healing.